[SATLUG] Firefox grief

hc at lookcee.com hc at lookcee.com
Mon Apr 1 11:19:57 CDT 2013

launching firefox this is what I get.
"Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system."

System monitor shows no instance running but.... $ ps auxwww | grep firefox
herb      3354  0.0  0.0   4388   812 pts/0    S+   09:50   0:00 grep --colour=auto firefox

Unfortunately I haven't a clue what this means, nor what to do with the info

I was determined to track this down & fix it permanently but I have been at it for a full week, hours each day, reading everything I can find & trying every 'fix' used by others to no avail. I just totally removed firefox restarted & reinstalled but fifefox simply reinstalled the same Mozilla folder that even contained the renamed versions of the firefox folder so the complete removal was BS. I still have the same prob.

The only way I can get firefox to start is via CLI. I like firefox but I am about ready to junk it. Can someone sort me out so I can return to learning how to Bluetooth.

Please tell me what data to provide you.