[SATLUG] Firefox grief

Wes Henderson whendersonii at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 11:28:33 CDT 2013

There was recently an AMA (ask me anything) from the FireFox crew on Reddit
(I will try to track it down) and the developers said that this is a known
bug and they are working on it. If you wait a few minutes after closing the
FireFox window, you should then be able to start a new instance.

I will mail out the link when I find it.

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM, <hc at lookcee.com> wrote:

> launching firefox this is what I get.
> "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window,
> you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system."
>

> System monitor shows no instance running but.... $ ps auxwww | grep firefox
> herb      3354  0.0  0.0   4388   812 pts/0    S+   09:50   0:00 grep
> --colour=auto firefox
>

> Unfortunately I haven't a clue what this means, nor what to do with the
> info
>

> I was determined to track this down & fix it permanently but I have been
> at it for a full week, hours each day, reading everything I can find &
> trying every 'fix' used by others to no avail. I just totally removed
> firefox restarted & reinstalled but fifefox simply reinstalled the same
> Mozilla folder that even contained the renamed versions of the firefox
> folder so the complete removal was BS. I still have the same prob.
>

> The only way I can get firefox to start is via CLI. I like firefox but I
> am about ready to junk it. Can someone sort me out so I can return to
> learning how to Bluetooth.
>
> Please tell me what data to provide you.

*Wes Henderson*
IT Consultant
Email: whendersonii at gmail.com

Find me on my website: weshenderson.info
And elsewhere -
     Google+ <https://plus.google.com/u/0/118217301983867537201/posts>
     Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/wes-henderson/41/3b7/a96>
     Twitter <https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?screen_name=whendersonii>

"Unix is simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity." -
Dennis Ritchie