[SATLUG] Firefox grief

hc at lookcee.com hc at lookcee.com
Tue Apr 2 11:26:10 CDT 2013

Hi Daniel, thanks but here is results:
herb at herb-SDA1 ~ $ sudo ps ax |grep firefox |awk '{print $1}'
[sudo] password for herb:
4779
herb at herb-SDA1 ~ $ kill -9 4779
bash: kill: (4779) - No such process
herb at herb-SDA1 ~ $ sudo ps aux |grep firefox
[sudo] password for herb:
herb      4855  0.0  0.0   4388   808 pts/0    S+   11:12   0:00 grep --colour=auto firefox
herb at herb-SDA1 ~ $ kill -9 4855
bash: kill: (4855) - No such process
herb at herb-SDA1 ~ $ sudo kill -9 4855
kill: No such process
herb at herb-SDA1 ~ $ sudo kill -9 4388
kill: No such process
herb@

I then tried the firefox launch but got the still running message everything I have tried has not worked so only way to use firefox is via CLI as root

This is a hard core bug.
hh