[SATLUG] Firefox grief

hc at lookcee.com hc at lookcee.com
Wed Apr 3 12:29:08 CDT 2013

Thanks Daniel & Bruce I now can get FF to launch but with zero history, brand-new instance, this gets me out of the risk of using FF as root. It might be of help to the many users who are having this same hicky plague them if the cause could be traced. I have the folder .mozilla.sav that obviously contains the corruption. I live in the rural area of Grimes county & with the drought killing so many large trees we have power flickers resulting from  circuit breakers switching around a falling tree problem & I suspect is what caused this condition. In this case my cause may be unique. Fact is it triggered a live bug in FF that,as I understand, has been there since 2007. It was not fixed because it only affects a small % of users. It is caused by FF not being allowed time to get shutdown and the locks destroyed. This results in FF thinking it is still running.

I am gonna play with it since I have plenty of time to do so. Unfortunately I do not speak Linux command language, understanding only a few commands. I would like to expand my fluency.

That said i have two request:
 1. Please explain what the command string ps aux |grep firefox does.
 2.Please help me restore my old bookmarks and saved passwords from the broken folder over to the new folder (I tried just using filemanager replacing the bookmarks but that did not work, it just ignores it)

I trully appreciate the help you guys are great. Thanks for putting up with an old fart having to use a brain full of old burnt out holes incurred from my well spent youth.
hh