[SATLUG] Linux Certifications

Christopher Lemire christopher.lemire at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 17:40:49 CDT 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> dag dg wrote:
>
>> Sorry but looking over the requirements for the RHCSA vs the Linux +, I'd
>> say the Linux + is more difficult to get. I feel the Linux + has a much
>> wider scope and more expectations, but the RHCSA is more respected and
>> well
>> known. Just my thoughts.
>>

> IIRC Linux+ was a single 50 question multiple guess test.  I think it took
> me about 20 minutes.  That was about 10 years ago though.
>
>   -- Bruce

The Linux+ is not a single exam. It is two exams to get the certification.
And it does cover a wide range of topics, more than what most people give
it credit for. Take a look:

http://certification.comptia.org/Libraries/Exam_Objectives/CompTIA_Linux_Powered_by_LPI_LX0_102.sflb.ashx
http://certification.comptia.org/Libraries/Exam_Objectives/CompTIA_Linux_Powered_by_LPI_LX0_101.sflb.ashx

Fedora 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0

Gnu Privacy Guard Key Fingerprint = 32CA 0B0B 8A07 6969 7581 BD47 6053 3930
1D4B DC3E

Web: http://linuxinnovations.blogspot.com
Code: https://github.com/BullShark/JSpeak