[SATLUG] [OT] For sale: Vaio VGN-P530H handheld "laptop"

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 21 12:18:48 CDT 2013

I've had this for a week, got bored...bought it for $60, so I'm selling it for the same.  Has some scuffs here and there, power adapter that came with it had the connector replaced so it can be used with this thing.

This is something for the tinkerers.  I had Puppy Linux installed on it along with Puppy Arcade on a 8GB USB flash drive and it worked great, all hardware recognized (wifi, sound, mouse etc).

The internal HD is going to need to be replaced as SMART reports an error.  You can still install your OS to it, but I'm sure its days are numbered.

If you take it apart and remove the drive, you might get more battery life, definitely less heat..works excellent on the 8GB USB (I'm keeping it for another little project).

Specs:
Atom based system
2GB RAM
wifi b/g with also a on/off switch for it
2 USB ports
headphone port

pic:
http://imgur.com/fJR3Ym0