[SATLUG] Fwd: [BLT] BLT-26 at Texas LinuxFest June 1, 2013

Jeremy Z zunkworks at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 16:04:17 CDT 2013

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* Ron Sparks <sparks.ron at gmail.com>
*Date:* April 25, 2013 3:55:12 PM PDT
*To:* "blt at stevens.com" <blt at stevens.com>
*Subject:* *[BLT] BLT-26 at Texas LinuxFest June 1, 2013*
*Reply-To:* sparks.ron at gmail.com

All,
Just an FYI, my talk on the first WiFi from the edge of space was accepted
by the Texas LinuxFest.  I will be slightly re-tooling the presentation
that I did for BVARC last year.  In the talk I will delve a little more
heavily into the Linux OpenWRT underpinnings for the routers and future
work than I did at the prior talk.

My slot is just before lunch (Track E at 11:25 am).  It will be held at the
AT&T Conference Center on University Avenue in Austin, TX.  You can find
more information at http://2013.texaslinuxfest.org/session-schedule

I admit this is an unabashed plug for the BLT team and my enjoyment of the
project.  So, if you find yourself in Austin on Saturday June 1 please
consider attending.  Ham Radio and Linux have a lot in common and if you
enjoy one, you will likely enjoy the other.

While you are there you might also enjoy the talks on Audio Synthesis, *Free
* open source software (FOSS), putting together a diverse team, Voice Over
IP (VOIP), and virtual desktops [I run some of my Ham programs in a virtual
desktop].

Hope to see you there!

73 de Ron, AG5RS