[SATLUG] Re: Aug 14 Meeting

Frank Huddleston fhuddles at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 12:28:41 CDT 2013

Well, it seems that the topic has been selected for August, so  I'll
just select from the list presented by Bruce earlier, and give my
preferences: late for this month but maybe good for another month. I
think the GRUB presentation was done about six months ago.

I'm interested in:

1.  Linux From Scratch.  How we do things and why.
2.  Intro to network security.  Technical background.
3.  Firewalls with iptables and nmap.
4.  Monitoring network traffic with wireshark.
5.  Encryption with GnuPg, stunnel, https, and ssh.
(Somewhat) 6.  An overview of window managers and environments: Xorg, twm,
     fluxbox, IceWM, openbox, sawfish.

8.  Multimedia: alsa, pulseaudio, vorbis, ogg, formats and libraries
(Somewhat) 9.  Video: Mplayer, VLC, FFmpeg

I guess that's just about everything on the original list! And it
can't hurt to review GRUB again...

Frank Huddleston