[SATLUG] Requesting recommendations for phone and DSL service

Joe null.div.zero at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 23:13:51 CDT 2013

Google Voice could be an option.   I beleive the GV app will allow voip
from an android phone.   It has good voicemail features like VM to text,
ring up to 6 lines off main GV number.  And, im pretty sure you can get a
handset for it.  Best part is, of course, it's free.  But, I would advise
caution during install of the android app.  On sprint, not sure about
others, it tries to merge your GV number to your cell.  If you do that you
loose mobile to mobile discounts because the GV number is concidered a land
line.  But, its easy enough to opt out if you watch for it during the first
setup.