[SATLUG] NSA/IP stack in non-free wifi drivers?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Aug 14 09:54:11 CDT 2013

On Aug 13, 2013, at 10:28 PM, Joe <null.div.zero at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, what do you think?  Am I loosing it?

Those of us who have been watching the NSA for years [0] do actually worry about these kinds of things.  Some people call us paranoid, and/or conspiracy theorists.

Thing is, until recently, there were a lot of people who were saying considerably less outlandish things who were also being labeled paranoid conspiracy theorists.  Snowden (and others) have shown that the real world is actually worse than what these people have been worried about, so what does that mean for the rest of us who have not (yet) been proven correct?

The real question is not what the real situation is, and how far down the rabbit hole you want to go?  IMO, the real question is what are you going to do about it?

If you get a chance, go see "Terms And Conditions May Apply" [1].  If you can't see it in the theaters, then wait for it to become available online.

The real danger here is not the NSA itself, IMO the real danger is what Corporate America is happy and willing to do, in order to get easy money from organizations like the NSA.

But then, I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist, so why should you be listening to me?

[0] See <http://www.shub-internet.org/brad/cacm92nov.html>

[1] See <http://tacma.net/>.