[SATLUG] NSA/IP stack in non-free wifi drivers?

Mark Spieth mspieth376 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 14:36:03 CDT 2013

"And while not specifically what you refer to below, the US military has cleared android as being secure enough for government use."

lol, This actually makes me more nervous about android. Did they clear it because its actually safe, or because they have hooks in it, so they can tell if it leaks information?

Now, really I'm not a conspiracy theory nut-ball. Does the government have hooks into the Android OS? I certainly don't know... Today.. Probably not. Most of the things I have addressed on this topic are just worst case and or probable scenarios where the technology exists easily enough to do it. As someone who has taken numerous classes and has an interest in things such as Philosophy, I have learned that these are just the kind of things we should question. Also keep in mind that when we talk about the US Government, We are talking about people who over the years, for reasons that they claim are in the interest of National Security, have done things such has giving unsuspecting people syphilis (The Tuskegee experiment) and so forth. If you are willing to do that, is it really a big deal to pressure businesses to put in back doors on phones etc.?

In many ways as bad as all this sounds, we are far better off than people in other countries and I'm not just talking about countries such as Russia, China and the Middle East. Many of the European countries have bizarre laws as to what the government can do with or without a warrant, such as placing Trojans on commercial and personal networks specifically to collect data.