[SATLUG] Light version of Linux

Christopher Lemire christopher.lemire at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 19:29:30 CDT 2013

The best way to end up with the most optimized distro I have found is
through Gentoo Linux. But you will not end up with the most optimized
without spending time on it. You need many - (minus) USE flags that are
used to compile your software. A kernel built from make menuconfig where
you only add support for your hardware directly into the kernel rather than
a module helps. And of course using light weight software such as fluxbox,
uzbl-tabbed browser, etc. will make a difference. It's a distro that each
person who installs it will not have exactly the same, one you build up
from scratch, and not extra software you don't need.

Fedora 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0

Gnu Privacy Guard Key Fingerprint = 32CA 0B0B 8A07 6969 7581 BD47 6053 3930
1D4B DC3E

Web: http://linuxinnovations.blogspot.com
Code: https://github.com/BullShark/JSpeak