[SATLUG] kvm problems

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 10:54:23 CST 2013

Borries Demeler wrote:
> Thanks Ron and Bruce for your responses! It turned out that installing the latest version of
> qemu (1.7.0) got me past this error.
> However, I haven't figured out how to make the vm's work at any reasonable
> speed, right now there seem to be other issues I need to work through. Trying
> to load an existing machine prevents input to the machine, and trying to create
> a new machine is really slow, which is surprising, since this is a fast computer.
> Any additional thoughts that could make it work faster?

I'm not sure about slow or fast.  Those are relative terms.  I did do
some benchmarks in building LFS.  For our benchmark package, binutils,
it took 1.75 times as long to build.  That's a relatively disk/cpu
intensive task because it is compiling a lot of files.

There was some discussion on line.  The thread starting at
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.lfs.devel/14396 may give you some
more into.

   -- Bruce