[SATLUG] Question Regarding http Headers

Mark Mayfield mayfield_mark at gvtc.com
Sat Feb 2 12:32:39 CST 2013

If you mean removing the apache and version info from the response
headers, I looked into that a while back. The information I found stated
that that web server information is an important part of the proper
functioning of the web server and that it is not a proper practice to
remove. I found some information about modifying the appropriate
sections of code and recompiling Apache, but I don't believe the
versions of Apache that ship with distros or come in the repositories
will support removing that info from the headers.

If you look at the following link you'll notice that you are instructed
to modify the source code to achieve the result. This was just a quick
google search, I remember finding something on the official apache site
to the same effect.

http://www.dsm.fordham.edu/~mathai/apache.html