[SATLUG] Longtime lerker. Looking forward to the Feb 13th meet.

Don Wright satlug at wricomp.org
Tue Feb 5 10:31:40 CST 2013

Nathan Templeton wrote:
>    I thought I would take a chance to intro myself.

Welcome! We're a pretty diverse group, so any distro is fine with us.
The February meeting topic is The Calendar Project, but you don't have
to be a programmer to participate.

Other local groups include:
www.XCSSA.org - mostly hardware & applications hacking, robotics

www.10bitworks.com - maker/hacker space, ham radio

www.ieee-cs-cts.org - IEEE Computer Society

A few other things happening in San Antonio:
SA Stock Show & Rodeo - Feb 7-24

Bud Light Mardi Gras River Parade & Festival - Sat Feb 9
(It's about the party, not the date)

Gaming - Chimaeracon 2013 - April 5-7

Fiesta San Antonio - April 18-28

Anime etc. - San Japan 6 - Aug 16-18

71st World Science Fiction Convention - Aug 29-Sept 2

More calendar stuff listed on

The 71st World Scoence Fiction Convention will be held in San Antonio
Aug 29-Sept 2, 2013. Join now and vote for the Hugo Awards, plus receive
e-books of most of the candidates free. *** www.LoneStarCon3.org ***