[SATLUG] Installing Linux Mint 14 on a Asus Q200

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 9 16:17:45 CST 2013

I'm having a hard time trying to get Linux Mint 14 installed on an Asus Q200 laptop.  It has UEFI.  Even though I disable Secure Boot, I dont have an option to boot from USB.  I think its trying anyway but doesnt boot.  I'm downloading Ubuntu 12.10 to see if its because Ubuntu paid the piper and therefore will install on a UEFI system.

Very disappointed..really like this laptop but will return it since I dont run inferior operating systems.

-Alex