[SATLUG] Computer Show

Nathan Templeton pb280c at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 00:06:45 CST 2013

On 01/21/2013 12:27 PM, Nathan Oxhandler wrote:
> It looks like the new owner of the Live Oak Civic Center is not going to be able to do what they wanted with the land for some time so they are still allowing shows there.
>
> The Computer Show people have the following dates set for this year:
>
> March 9
> May 11
> September 28
> December 14
>
> At this time we should have our tables as before, but I will know more in late February or early March.
>
> The Model Railroad shows also seem to be continuing there for the year. I do not have any information as to who is actually running the Civic Center, the City or the new owner.
>

> Nathan

I know it's a bit late for a reply Nathan on this one. Do you have
anyone for the March 9 time slot? If not, barring any employment
opportunities. I would be happy to be there.  I could bring my ThinkPad
T43 currently running BBQ Sid 486. If need be, I could also install
Fedora, Mint, and maybe Ubuntu on it for "show" purposes. I am well
versed with those distributions. Maybe an install of CentOS, though I do
not have a portable NAS that I could bring nor a current SSH connection
to my home setup to really show what an OS like that could really do.
Honestly, I do not know enough that to really show it off.

~Nathan