[SATLUG] Thoughts on Steam?

John Hebert johnalexhebert at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:33:17 CST 2013

Steam Box is actually in the works. It won't be the money maker for Valve
(printers cost less than print cartridges over the long term). The money
maker will be Steam itself, streaming games from multiple channel
developers to a standard, high-end game platform made with OEM PC parts.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/steam/Steam_Box
http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/09/steambox-interview-jeff-keyzer/
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/18/valve-hardware-jeri-ellsworth/

I guess they would want to keep all the the Steam Box OS developers under
one roof. The SDLC justs works faster that way.