[SATLUG] Linux on mobile devices

rabie at rabie.net rabie at rabie.net
Tue Feb 12 13:44:24 CST 2013

Alex,

I just got it yesterday, I need to fix first memory issue
first, i haven't check all the repos yet, this morning I was able to use
VLC, Libreoffice writer without any issues.

I m not using the virtual
keyboard at all, I used the LXterminal to access remote servers,
response time was good, listened to an online radio using Chromium
browser and Gnash and browsed couple of sites so far with normal speed.

I will do a stress testing as soon I get that kernel/memory issue
fixed and I will let you know.

Rabie

On 2013-02-12 11:39, Alex
Bartonek wrote:

> I'd love to hear more about this and how you like
it.... browsing speed, is the software repo huge, how much can you do
before it pegs out etc..

Subject: Re: [SATLUG] Linux on mobile devices
> To: "The San Antonio
> Date: Tuesday,
February 12, 2013, 10:23 AM

> I got my 10" Linux tablet yesterday (
Pengpod), running Linaro
> Ubuntu and ARM v7l processor, it is a nice
looking one, the bug I found
> is that the compiled Kernel only supports
512 MB, so I have to recompile
> it to support the full 1 GB..
>
> The
Wifi driver was missing, so I copied
> one from the vendor site and it
is working now.

> The virtual keyboard
> (onboard) sometimes hangs,
I guess due to memory or something else.. so
> i m using a usb keyboard.

> Installed Libreoffice, VLC, XBMC, Gnash,
> Geany so far.

Rabie

> On 2013-01-25 15:12, Alex Bartonek wrote:Ubuntu is available
for the Nexus 7 tablet. google that.. interesting

Mon, 1/21/13, Rabie Khabouze <rabie at rabie.net>

Rabie Khabouze <rabie at rabie.net> Subject: Re:

> [SATLUG] Linux on
mobile devices
> To: "The San Antonio Linux User'sI have Complete Linux
Installer v2 on my Android 4.1.1 Samsung Note2,

> you can have
install different distros ( Ubuntu 10, 12 ) > px; border-left:#1010ff
2px solid; margin-left
> 00%">as far as tablet goes,
>
> I am waiting
on my Linux Tablet to arrive this week from