[SATLUG] Linux on mobile devices

rabie at rabie.net rabie at rabie.net
Tue Feb 12 14:59:58 CST 2013

yes correct, completely independent, and I have decided to not put
Android there in the first place.

On 2013-02-12 13:25, Mark Mayfield
wrote:

> So the Ubuntu kernel runs completely independent of the
android kernel? And the android kernel is not running at all?

02/12/2013 01:21 PM, Rabie Khabouze wrote:

>> Only linux on flash,
but you can have android on flash and have linux on sdcard, I do have
also lubuntu on sdcard for test purposes

message --------

Date: 02/12/2013 11:49 AM (GMT-06:00)
>> To: The San Antonio Linux
>> Subject: Re: [SATLUG]
Linux on mobile devices

>> This is Ubuntu running inside
android?

>> Getting rid of android completely and running just
straight Ubuntu or
>> another linux distro would be much more
appealing.

>> On 02/12/2013 10:23 AM, rabie at rabie.net wrote:

I got my 10" Linux tablet yesterday ( Pengpod), running Linaro

Ubuntu and ARM v7l processor, it is a nice looking one, the bug I
found
>>> is that the compiled Kernel only supports 512 MB, so I have to
recompile
>>> it to support the full 1 GB..
>>>
>>> The Wifi driver was
missing, so I copied
>>> one from the vendor site and it is working
now.

>>> The virtual keyboard
>>> (onboard) sometimes hangs, I
guess due to memory or something else.. so
>>> i m using a usb
keyboard.

>>> Installed Libreoffice, VLC, XBMC, Gnash,
>>> Geany so
far.

wrote:

>>> Ubuntu is available for the Nexus 7 tablet. google
that.. interesting

Khabouze <rabie at rabie.net>

Khabouze <rabie at rabie.net>

>>> [SATLUG] Linux on
mobile devices

>>> To: "The San Antonio Linux User's
>>>
>>> Group
Maili> e>
>>> t:#1010ff 2px solid; margin-left:5px; width:100%">
>>>

>>> Date: Monday, January 21,
>>>
>>> 2013, 8:34 PM
>>>
>>> Hi
Frank,

>>> check out linuxonandroid.org project
>>>
>>> I have
Comple> fferent distros ( Ubuntu 10, 12 ) Backtrac
>>> rchLinux,
Fedora17 and openSuse 12.

>>> as far as tablet goe> ink-freetext"
href="http://pengpod.com/products/pengpod1000">http://pengpod.com/products/pengpod1000
[1](they just had finished their
>>> to start the project ).

When I get it I will try to

>>> install a voip client and I wi>
gin-left:5px; width:100%">

01/21/2013 08:09 PM, Frank Huddleston wrote:

>>> Is anyone
running

>>> http://www.rackspace.com

Links: