[SATLUG] Copying 5+GBs over wifi to another system

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 22:42:21 CST 2013

Ok.  Small change.  I thought it was silly to install LM14 on the new box and test LM to LM when the original NFS server is running CentOS 6.3.   So I installed CentOS 6.3 on the new box.

Wired laptop to WRT54G to wired server, 2.5gb file transferred without problem.
Wireless laptop to WRT54G to wired server, 2.5gb file transferred..albeit verrrryyyy slow, but it got there.

I know there are things I can optimize on my new box to speed it up, but I'm trying to keep it the same like the original NFS server.

Next test will be to get the new box on the Netgear router and retry the test with wired and wireless to see if it craps out.