[SATLUG] Questions about home server security: non-standard ports

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 17 18:52:32 CST 2013

netstat -lnptu

start cleaning up there..

I know this isnt Solaris, but here is a cron script I have running every morning.  Sends me an email of a few log files for my perusal.  I have another script that sends me a status of my disks (space, errors etc) also.

http://www.thegeekprophet.com/server-log-email

It can be expanded on and stuff.. YMMV.