[SATLUG] Linux Certifications

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Thu Feb 28 23:50:54 CST 2013

On 02/28/2013 06:08 PM, Jon Mark Allen wrote:
> All,
>
> I have a friend who is looking to move more toward a linux career, and he asked:
>
> "If I wanted to go get a Linux cert to add to my skills and possibly
> shift my focus more towards linux, what certs do you think are most
> marketable?  It seems like there are a few different certification
> paths."
>
> While I use linux daily, it's not my day job and I really haven't
> explored that area much.
>
> What advice would this group have in response to such a question?
>
> Thanks! :-)

I'm biased, to be sure, but I would have your friend go and look on
Monster and Dice. Look for e.g. RHCSA and RHCE. Then have him look for
LPI or other certs. That will probably help him decide.

Also, see
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl=us&tbm=nws&q=linux+jobs&oq=linux+jobs
for some good news for all of us.

Cheers,
Thomas Cameron, RHCA, RHCDS, RHCSS, RHCVA
(and formerly MCSE, MCT, and CNE)