[SATLUG] Meetings

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Tue Jan 1 12:52:49 CST 2013

Has anyone done a presentation on port bonding yet?  I've been working
through a few issues with Intel NICs on /dev/eth0 and /dev/eth1 being
slaved to /dev/bond0 and could share my results. Note this is a RHEL
environment [1] I've been running, and I'm not sure if it would work the
same on Debian and/or Ubuntu and their derivatives.  While some of the
port bonding issues were solved by going from RHEL 5.5 to 6.3, I still
had to rpmbuild new packages on a few machines using Intel sources [2].

I could bring my scientific linux 6.3 laptop with examples if there's an
LCD projector available.

[1] RHEL in production and Scientific Linux in development
[2] using rpmbuild -tb e1000e-2.1.4.tar.gz since it came out, but I had
    good luck with the sources in e1000e.2.0.0.4.tar.gz in early 2012.

Al Castanoli, founding SATLUG member, but I haven't given a presentation
at a regular meeting since we were meeting in the Cisco offices courtesy
of then SATLUG president Miguel Figueroa.