[SATLUG] Meetings

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Tue Jan 1 15:33:15 CST 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-01 at 13:05 -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Al Castanoli wrote:
> > Has anyone done a presentation on port bonding yet?
> >[...]

> I would be interested in such a presentation.  I have a question though.
>   For those of us that build our own kernels, wouldn't the latest e1000e
> driver code in linux-3.7.1 be sufficient?
>
>    -- Bruce

Yes, the latest kernels (3.6 and up) can already handle requirements for
port bonding on recent Intel and Broadcom NICs. The situation I am in is
several of our applications are only certified up through RHEL 5.8, and
that limits us to older kernels without the tweaks the newer ones have.

Good question, and thanks for not top-posting.
--
Al Castanoli