[SATLUG] Thunderbird Problem

cdv7 at sbcglobal.net cdv7 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 9 19:05:03 CST 2013

Greetings,
I recently had Linux Mint 13 Maya
installed on my computer. I noticed in the Thunderbird Mail In box
under Properties the following message :

“Sometimes the folder index (.msf)
file becomes damaged and messages may appear missing or deleted
messages continue showing; repairing the folder may fix these
issues.
”

Then the button:
“Repair Folder”

As I have been having ongoing mail
issues I clicked the button. Thunderbird then began blocking access
to my In Box while it worked on the problem. However, this has gone
on for several days now, I can still access my other folders but to
access my In Box I have to go to my yahoo.com account.

Question: It has been suggested that I
may have saved too many messages. What is the recommended maximum
amount of messages which can be saved without causing problems?

Request: Please offer simple and
user-friendly instructions for repairing this problem.

Thank you for your assistance.~cdv