[SATLUG] Linux on mobile devices

Frank Huddleston fhuddles at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 20:09:55 CST 2013

Is anyone running Linux on a mobile device? Yes I know: Android is based
on Linux, but I mean: has anyone put Linux on a Kindle, for example? On
an iPhone? What are the issues associated with that? I've heard that
Ubuntu is going to make a version for cell phones, but in the meantime,
what's happening with Linux or BSD on the mobile platforms like
smart phones and tablets. Is anyone using a tablet as a phone, for
example, with VoIP and a wireless connection? Anyone using an older
smartphone as a server? Loaded Debian on a tablet?
What can you tell me?

Thanks,

Frank Huddleston