[SATLUG] Possible attack

Crandall, Sean scrandall at jw.com
Fri Jan 25 14:09:51 CST 2013

>>so I decided rkhunter seemed a choice to begin with, I DLed, extracted the tar all went >>well but make returned a statement:  [[ "make: *** No rule to make target `sense' ]].   I >>had to go ask google (no joy),  I am reviewing what I read & trying to figure out why >>make did not work, also I want to get these tools working on my system.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but since you say you've never compiled anything before, did you do a

./configure

before you did make? Most source tarballs won't have a Makefile until you've run the configure script.

Sean C. Crandall
Registered Patent Attorney Jackson Walker L.L.P.
112 East Pecan Suite 2400
San Antonio, TX 78205
O: (210) 978-7714
F: (210) 242-4656
M: (210) 343-0340
scrandall at jw.com
www.jw.com

This confidential e-mail is intended only for the named recipient(s). If it is misdirected, please destroy it immediately and contact the sender.