[SATLUG] Need a tutorial for installing Debian on to a Sun Blade 1500 Silver

Don Wright satlug at wricomp.org
Tue Jul 2 20:31:26 CDT 2013

John Champion wrote:
>I have tried and tried and tried to install Solaris 10 on this machine and
>I cannot get the install to complete without erroring out. So I am hoping
>that if I had someone who knows how guiding me, I could install Debian
>Wheezy 7.1 on to it.

Did you start with the [1]official documentation? Scroll down past the
many download options to "Documentation". There is a shorter Howto that
may be enough, but the full Installation Guide is recommended when you
experience difficulties.

There are notes on the wiki [2]here and [3]here. Searching may find
other info.  --Don

[1] http://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/debian-installer/

[2] http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Sun

[3] http://wiki.debian.org/PortsSparc

--
The 71st World Scoence Fiction Convention will be held in San Antonio
Aug 29-Sept 2, 2013. Join now and vote for the Hugo Awards, plus receive