[SATLUG] Meeting tonight

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 13:10:47 CDT 2013

After the meeting last night there was some discussion about presentations.

I'm willing to do a series of presentations, but don't want to present
every meeting because I think there should be a variety of presenters
and topics.

In any case, I'm willing to do one or more of the following.

1.  Linux From Scratch.  How we do things and why.
2.  Intro to network security.  Technical background.
3.  Firewalls with iptables and nmap.
4.  Monitoring network traffic with wireshark.
5.  Encryption with GnuPg, stunnel, https, and ssh.
6.  An overview of window managers and environments: Xorg, twm,
     fluxbox, IceWM, openbox, sawfish.
7.  Window environments: KDE, GNOME, Xfce
8.  Multimedia: alsa, pulseaudio, vorbis, ogg, formats and libraries
9.  Video: Mplayer, VLC, FFmpeg
10. Booting with GRUB2

Let me know if you want me to do one or more of these presentations.  Of
course if someone else wants to volunteer to present a topic, that would
be great.

   -- Bruce