[SATLUG] Meeting tonight

Roy Hernandez roy.hernandez at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 14:49:21 CDT 2013

Bruce-

All of the presentation topics mentioned in your message are good starting
points.  I know that an LFS Presentations maybe a bit repetitive; however,
I feel that it would be a good starting point.  As a new attendee to this
group, I got the feeling that the group has lost focus.

There doesn't appear to be any mission statements, goals or causes for the
overall group.  I would hate to see this group disappear due it's lack of
participation.

Below are a few items which may need to be addressed:

   1. Communication Person- who is responsible for website updates, meeting
   notes and membership?
   2. Organization of the Group-  is there a Web Content Coordinator and
   Web Software Coordinator? does the group need a president to continue?
   what are the current processes/procedures for running this group?
   3. Location-  how long will RackSpace allow us to use their conference
   rooms?

I am willing to help with one or all of these topics to resuscitate this
group.  I may even be able to get some speakers from the SVLUG (Silicon
Valley Linux Group) to present in our meetings via Skype- if necessary.

Feedback is welcomed.

Thanks,

Roy