[SATLUG] screen recording tool

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Wed Jul 17 15:40:02 CDT 2013

I was not (very) lucky with the top GNU/Linux candidates that people
most frequently mention e.g. recordmydesktop, Istanbul, etc. They
provided basic functionality but flaked out a bit.

As far as making instructional videos with a screen capture tool in
Linux - I had the most luck with 'Wink' - it's free but not open source.
It makes editing and adding extras (e.g. arrows, stickies, etc.) quite easy.

http://www.debugmode.com/

Most screen capture recommendations I saw with a quick Google search
were pretty basic. This one had Wink and some I hadn't seen before - so
it might be worthwhile:
http://ostatic.com/blog/six-top-screen-capture-tools-for-linux