[SATLUG] Computer Show Aug 10

Nathan Oxhandler nathan at gvtc.com
Sat Jul 27 08:03:50 CDT 2013

The next Computer Show is Aug 10 at the Live Oak Civic Center.

In the past Don has been the mainstay of SATULG at the shows. He is no longer in a position to attend. He has provided the majority of the Hardware as well as doing the CD's / DVD's for us. He provided our SATLUG handouts, our 'Tux's' and the candy.

I normally make the shows, the few times I miss I am out of town or there is a conflicting Model Train show. I have had some minor health problems this last week and do not feel that I can make the commitment to the Aug 10 show.

We try and make our selves available to show off and explain Open Source. We try to show off several different major versions of Linux.

The Computer show attendance has been on the decline lately. The last one did have an up turn because of the Gun Show at the same time, same place. A lot of people who attended the Gun Show also attended the Computer Show. There is nothing else I can find scheduled at the Civic Center that Saturday.

I need to know in the next few days if there is a TRUE interest and commitment from our people to do the show. This is FULLY operational by 9 AM and having people at the booth until 5 PM. You will need to provide your own hardware and have the ability to show off several different distributions. I need to let the Computer Show operators know by July 31 at the latest.

Nathan