[SATLUG] Re: Linux Certifications

John Hebert johnalexhebert at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 11:04:02 CST 2013

I recommend the RHCSA as it is a practical (hands on) exam, not a multiple
choice exam. Since the RHCSA exam is more difficult to pass, employers
value it. I have not taken the Linux+ exam, but I do know from reading the
certification guides that it would be helpful in preparing for the RHCSA.

By the way, I highly recommend Michael Jang's "RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux
Certification Study Guide Sixth Edition" and the companion book "Red Hat
Linux Certification Practice Exams with Virtual Machines". In my opinion,
studying on a 64 bit machine is critical as knowing KVM is required for the
exam.