[SATLUG] MAC#

Wes Henderson whendersonii at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 12:53:43 CDT 2013

As Joe mentioned, the 'lsusb' command will display the attached USB device
information. If you are trying to find the MAC address of an attached USB
network adapter then you can simply use the 'ifconfig' command. As a point
of interest, the 'ifconfig' tool set has been deprecated and replaced by
the 'ip' tool set; to view the MACs with the 'ip' command, type 'ip addr'.

Does this answer your question?

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 2:02 AM, Joe <null.div.zero at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure, but I think usbs don't usually have Mac addresses.  lsusb
> will get you hw IDs.  lspci.... Not interesting.   Cat /etc/udev/rules.d/*
> | grep USB.    Okay that was interesting.... But, probably not helpful.
> What are you trying to do?
> On Mar 27, 2013 1:10 AM, <hc at lookcee.com> wrote:
>

> > Can anyone please tell me what command(s) to use for discovering the MAC
> > code (hw-adresses) for the usb devices installed. I can't seem to find
> it.
> > thanks hh
> >

> > --

*Wes Henderson*
IT Consultant
Email: whendersonii at gmail.com

Find me on my website: weshenderson.info
And elsewhere -
     Google+ <https://plus.google.com/u/0/118217301983867537201/posts>
     Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/wes-henderson/41/3b7/a96>
     Twitter <https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?screen_name=whendersonii>

"Unix is simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity." -
Dennis Ritchie