[SATLUG] Static IP Address

buddylee48 buddylee48 at gmail.com
Fri May 3 14:27:08 CDT 2013

Get a VPS with a static ip, have them open the firewall for that machine.
>From there you have a couple options:

1. Forward all traffic through to the client (ie. ssh, vpn, etc...)
2. Use that VPS by logging in remotely

a VPS is probably cheaper than what AT&T asks for and I'll will tell you
this now, AT&T is notorious for blocking certain kinds of traffic.
Tunneling will circumvent this (ie VPN), but can be slightly difficult to
setup if you've never done this before.

besides VPS's are great, you can start up an irssi client and connect to
freenode and finally chat with us lonely folk and idle forever!