[SATLUG] Static IP Address

Joe null.div.zero at gmail.com
Sat May 4 19:38:54 CDT 2013

My internet is a small company that uses wimax with directional antennae.
I frequently get a new ip.  But, for a while I wanted it static.  What I
did worked: I looked in my router, and changed it from dynamic to static
with the same ip that I had been given by dhcp!  I did occasionally loose
internet by ip conflict;  but that was pretty rare.  But, you would have to
have direct access to wan facing router.