[SATLUG] postfix question

masterr at gmail.com masterr at gmail.com
Wed May 8 16:43:29 CDT 2013

You can specify the from address in PHP itself by using the -f flag in
the additional parameters in mail(). It should be the 5th parameter.

From: http://php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

bool mail ( string $to , string $subject , string $message [, string
$additional_headers [, string $additional_parameters ]] )

The example given:

mail('nobody at example.com', 'the subject', 'the message', null,
   '-fwebmaster at example.com');

As long as Postfix allows sending from any address from localhost this
should work.

Hope that helps.