[SATLUG] NASA Switches ISS from Windows to Linux

Don Wright satlug at wricomp.org
Mon May 13 09:50:35 CDT 2013

Keith Chuvala of United Space Alliance, the manager of Space Operations
Computing (SpOC) for NASA, announced last week that the agency will
switch to Debian on the International Space Station's laptops. “We
migrated key functions from Windows to Linux because we needed an
operating system that was stable and reliable – one that would give us
in-house control. So if we needed to patch, adjust or adapt, we could.”

http://www.zdnet.com/to-the-space-station-and-beyond-with-linux-7000014958/

https://training.linuxfoundation.org/why-our-linux-training/training-reviews/linux-foundation-training-prepares-the-international-space-station-for-linux-migration

[Looks like NASA finally learned the third 'R'.  --Don]

--
"Reboot, Reinstall, Replace";
The three-R's of Microsoft Computer Literacy.