[SATLUG] Are you a distro hopper?

Steev Klimaszewski threeway at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 02:23:31 CST 2013

Nope, not really a distro hopper.  I found my calling with Gentoo back in
2003, and now I can't imagine giving up the control over what gets
installed on my system.  I've tried a few times, and I'm not against
running other distros, but for machines that I *personally* run, it's
Gentoo all the way.  I've also been a Gentoo developer since late 2005 as a
way to give back.  I do however assist both Kali Linux (the penetration
testing distro that everyone knows of) and Pentoo - with their ARM ports.
 I also try to collaborate as much as possible with regards to ARM
development amongst all the various distros on IRC (#archlinux-arm,
#fedora-arm, #gentoo-arm (and #gentoo-embedded), #opensuse-arm,
#ubuntu-arm).  If you couldn't tell, I *mostly* deal with ARM these days,
preferring to stay more towards the machines that have a little more oomph
than the RPi.