[SATLUG] Switching distros - what settings/files to back up

Chris Hudson chrishudson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 11:01:15 CDT 2013

I have a netbook (HP Mini) that is a couple of years old, it came with HP's
version of Ubuntu.
It's a good netbook and everything works (sound, wifi, etc), but I am tired
of how evil Ubuntu has become and want to switch to straight Debian.  I
have a USB key with Debian live/install image on it.

Before I proceed, what system files would I back up before re-installing to
make sure sound and wifi work after I switch over to Debian?

Thanks,
Chris