[SATLUG] Switching distros - what settings/files to back up

dikov dikov dikov1 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 2 17:27:31 CDT 2013

First, I would check (with Google) whether somebody has installed the version of Debian you have on exactly this model of your HP. This may save lots of your time especially with extra buttons
Second, write down list of drivers and versions are in use for sound and wifi and also versions of sound server (alsa/pulse audio) that work fine with Ubuntu.
Third, gzip  /etc.

best,
Dmytro