[SATLUG] Affordable Healthcare websites

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Oct 7 12:12:41 CDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 12:02:43PM -0500, Matthew wrote:
> As for incompetent developers... I'd have to see what they told the
> politicians who set the launch date before I would go that far.  For all
> we know, the developers said "We're not ready!" and the politicians said
> "Launch anyway, we cannot be seen to miss this deadline."

Totally agree on all your points, good design is essential. But I disagree
on that last point. Most certainly, deadlines are part of the contract. If
they can't adhere to those, at the very least you have incompetent business
managers. I am sure the launch of the affordable healthcare date was dictated
by law. It doesn't matter what the politicians say. Surely the admins would
have been aware of the deadline before accepting the contract.

-b.