[SATLUG] Affordable Healthcare websites

Matthew matthew at infodancer.org
Mon Oct 7 13:01:09 CDT 2013

On 10/07/2013 12:28 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I don't think we should throw stones at the devs.  Doing a website
> like this is hugely complex.  From what I can tell, the thought was to
> register 10M users over 3 months.  What they got was 5M attempts in
> one day.  The only ones that have that kind of traffic are Google,
> Yahoo, Amazon, and a few others.  And we don't know what their first
> day issues were.  If you plan for 1M/day peak and get 5M, things will
> go wrong.
No argument there.  One of the half-formed thoughts that didn't make it
into my message was, check back in a month or so.  They clearly weren't
ready launch week, but that's not necessarily as big a deal as whether
things are going smoothly in a month or two.  It IS an embarrassing
launch, but you can recover from that.  If it's still having problems in
a month or two, that's more serious.