[SATLUG] Affordable Healthcare websites

Matthew matthew at infodancer.org
Mon Oct 7 13:04:51 CDT 2013

On 10/07/2013 12:12 PM, Borries Demeler wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 12:02:43PM -0500, Matthew wrote:
>> As for incompetent developers... I'd have to see what they told the
>> politicians who set the launch date before I would go that far.  For all
>> we know, the developers said "We're not ready!" and the politicians said
>> "Launch anyway, we cannot be seen to miss this deadline."
> Totally agree on all your points, good design is essential. But I disagree
> on that last point. Most certainly, deadlines are part of the contract. If
> they can't adhere to those, at the very least you have incompetent business
> managers. I am sure the launch of the affordable healthcare date was dictated
> by law. It doesn't matter what the politicians say. Surely the admins would
> have been aware of the deadline before accepting the contract.
At some point, reality has to intrude.  If the law says to open the new
bridge to traffic on x date, and the engineers say it can't handle the
load and you need to give them another week, you don't tell them the
date is what the date is and open the bridge. *shrug*  But this is all
speculation for now, until the inevitable FOIA requests come out.