[SATLUG] RE:How to find and change "Bad UTF-8" file names

Frank Huddleston fhuddles at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 12:13:51 CDT 2013


The suggestion of detox was good: thanks. But it didn't work for me:
it just removed the offending characters. I think there's a way to
modify the actions of the program to replace certain characters with
others, but I didn't see how.
I'm going to have to do a little more research on this, because what
I'm seeing on the terminal screen is just the "replacement" character.
It's always the same, and  so there's no way to tell what the original
(offending) character was. But perhaps it's still there in the
filename itself, so I'll try to get it from that, and see what it is.
When I've got time...
Thanks for the recommendation of detox, anyway.

Frank H.


More information about the SATLUG mailing list