[SATLUG] OT: Wireless Networking

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Tue Sep 10 21:43:50 CDT 2013

Does anyone know of a good resource (preferably on the net) on how to
set up a wireless networking (specifically the routers & such) along
with an explanation of what the different options are for?  Something
more than just security settings that would cover performance as well
(data throughput, signal reliability, etc.).  So far, all I've seen are
the same old stuff about not using WEP and some goofy mods to increase
the antenna's range using cut-up soda cans.

I'd like to understand why certain settings will help or hurt, and what
different optional components are useful for (without having to do
separate searches for each individual term).

TIA.

Al Lesmerises