[SATLUG] OT: Wireless Networking

Joe null.div.zero at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 22:07:52 CDT 2013

I don't know a place for general assistance.   But, if the equipment is
already in place, I would start with the manufacturer's website to look for
a manual.  Other than that,  I know from experience that signal strength
can vary based on environmental factors (interference from other devices;
concrete/chicken-wire built walls, etc.)  And limitations of  the device (
look at decibels reception between -95 and -100.  Closer to -100 is better;
and wattage on output.  That is Rx and Tx respectively. )  beyond that,
and after your initial setup, if you're not having a good experience,  try
changing the channel manually.   Most try to automatically pick the best
channel; but, I've setup many that didn't.   Changing the channel may not
resolve the problem; but, it can be a "night and day" difference!   I hope
that is helpful.