[SATLUG] Meeting Night

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Sep 20 13:51:50 CDT 2013

On Sep 20, 2013, at 10:12 AM, Frank Huddleston <fhuddles at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alternating weekdays are fine with me, but I can see that it could be confusing.

In other groups I've been a member of, the single most important factor in keeping the group alive and going was consistency in terms of the day/date and time of the meeting, and the second most important factor was consistency in terms of the location of the meeting.  Deviate from absolute consistency in those two criteria at your own peril.

> Perhaps a SATLUG calendar would help with apprising people of events:
> not just meetings, but other relevant events like the computer shows,
> HackerSpace events, Linux Day things, etc. I note that the SATLUG web
> page does not have such a calendar, but only a list of meeting dates.

A calendar would be an improvement, but it wouldn't be a replacement for consistency in the two most important areas.

Of course, this is just a statement from my own experience -- YMMV, etc....