[SATLUG] RE:How to find and change "Bad UTF-8" file names

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 05:08:03 CDT 2013


Did you ever get this resolved?
regards,
Daniel
youcanlinux.org

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Frank Huddleston <fhuddles at gmail.com> wrote:
> The suggestion of detox was good: thanks. But it didn't work for me:
> it just removed the offending characters. I think there's a way to
> modify the actions of the program to replace certain characters with
> others, but I didn't see how.
> I'm going to have to do a little more research on this, because what
> I'm seeing on the terminal screen is just the "replacement" character.
> It's always the same, and  so there's no way to tell what the original
> (offending) character was. But perhaps it's still there in the
> filename itself, so I'll try to get it from that, and see what it is.
> When I've got time...
> Thanks for the recommendation of detox, anyway.
>
> Frank H.
> --
> _______________________________________________
> SATLUG mailing list
> SATLUG at satlug.org
> http://alamo.satlug.org/mailman/listinfo/satlug to manage/unsubscribe
> Powered by Rackspace (www.rackspace.com)


More information about the SATLUG mailing list